RICHMOND, VA,AUGUST 26, 2016 — Pokémon Go, which uses augmented reality to combine the real world with the game space, encourages players to explore the world in a whole new way, in search of digital Pokémon.
Vincent Luna, Head of Travel within Global Market Management at Allianz Worldwide Partners advises, “The new Pokémon Go phenomenon provides an opportunity to get out, explore and discover new destinations and monuments around the world: there is no doubt that this year, many tourists will use their holidays and travel destinations as opportunities to catch as many Pokémon as possible. We remind players to stay switched on, be mindful of their surroundings and keep their wits about them – this is especially important when playing in a foreign country. Remember not to enter private properties, dark alleys or areas that you would not enter if you weren’t playing the game.”
Allianz Worldwide Partners has compiled the following safety tips for Pokémon Go players:
1. Watch where you're going - avoid crossing the street at crosswalks and intersections to catch Pokémon. Jaywalking is an offense in many urban areas in the United States, Canada, Singapore, Spain and Poland.
2. Respect pedestrian rules – from walking on the right side of the pavement to respecting escalator etiquette. If you’re in a foreign country, you should follow the rules of the locals.
3. Watch out for cyclists – cities such as Amsterdam and Berlin are enjoying a cycling boom. With miles of new cycle paths and thousands of bike journeys made each day, we remind travellers heading to these cities to be extra cautious of cyclists while playing the game.
4. Safety is paramount - make sure you're in a safe neighbourhood or public area; if you’re heading somewhere new, let someone know where you’re going and how long you’ll be there. Don’t get so caught up in the game that you enter private residences, this could be considered trespassing.
5. If you’re exploring at night - wear reflective clothes or accessories, and carry a flashlight so that others can see you.
6. Keep an eye on your phone's battery while you are out – games can drain the battery life of a mobile phone. In addition to reducing play time when the battery is low, we recommend travellers carry a portable battery charger to avoid being stranded in a foreign city without a phone.
7. Be mindful of personal safety – don’t leave personal items unattended to chase Pokémon - even a rare one.
8. Remain courteous of others – remember, not everyone is playing Pokémon Go, so be respectful of people’s personal space. Depending on where in the world you are, eye contact and hand gestures mean very different things. Unlike many other games, you may actually meet the people you play against - keep things courteous and fun for all.
9. Keep hydrated and refreshed - don't forget to eat, drink, sleep and if you’re in the sunshine, wear sunscreen, and ideally a hat.
10. Don’t catch’em while driving – it is probably prohibited and extremely dangerous to hunt Pokémon while driving. We also advise people traveling with you not to play in the car to prevent them from distracting you.
Once you have all these tips in mind, go catch’em!
About Allianz Worldwide Partners
Dedicated to bringing worldwide protection and care, Allianz Worldwide Partners is the B2B2C leader in assistance and insurance solutions in the following areas of expertise: global assistance, international health & life, global automotive and travel insurance. These solutions, which are a unique combination of insurance, service and technology, are available to business partners or via direct and digital channels under three internationally renowned brands: Allianz Global Assistance, Allianz Worldwide Care and Allianz Global Automotive. This global family of over 16,000 employees is present in 75 countries, speaks 70 languages and handles 40 million cases per year**, protecting customers and employees on all continents. For more information, please visit https://www.allianz.com/en/products_solutions/services-and-assistance/allianz-worldwide-partners/
**for 2015, excluding Global Automotive
Rumeur Publique : +33 (0)1 55 74 52 00 - email@example.com
Allianz Global Assistance USA
Allianz Global Assistance USA (AGA Service Company) is a leading consumer specialty insurance and assistance company. We provide insurance to 21 million customers annually and are best known for our Allianz Travel Insurance*** plans. In addition to travel insurance, Allianz Global Assistance USA offers tuition insurance, event ticket protection, registration protection for endurance events and unique travel assistance services such as international medical assistance and concierge services. The company also serves as an outsource provider for in-bound call center services and claims administration for health insurers, property and casualty insurers, and credit card companies.
*** - Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply to all plans. Plans are available only to U.S. residents. Not all plans are available in all jurisdictions. For a complete description of the coverage and benefit limits offered under your plan, carefully review your plan’s Letter of Confirmation/Declarations and Certificate of Insurance/Policy. Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakbrook Terrace, IL), rated "A-" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated "A+" (Superior) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on state of residence. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of these plans and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage due to the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company. Non-insurance benefits/products are provided and serviced by AGA Service Company.
“Pokémon” is a registered trademark of Nintendo of America, Inc., which is a Non-Sponsor. “Allianz Travel Insurance” and “Allianz Global Assistance” are marks of AGA Service Company and/or Allianz Worldwide Partners. Marks not owned by AGA Service Company/Allianz Worldwide Partners are used without permission. Non-sponsors do not sponsor or endorse AGA Service Company/Allianz Worldwide Partners or this advertisement, and AGA Service Company/Allianz Worldwide Partners does not sponsor or endorse any of the Non-sponsors.